This pudding is delicious and a great make-ahead breakfast to eat at home or on the go. It’s also a great after-school snack for the kids becauses it satisfies their sweet tooth while giving them lots of healthy nutrients and fiber that they will never suspect!
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup, or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- Fresh fruit, fresh fruit purees, cooked grains (quinoa, oats, millet), nuts, coconut, granola (optional)
- Place chia seeds in a bowl.
- Whisk coconut milk, honey or syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt together in a bowl; pour over chia seeds and stir well. Allow coconut milk-chia seed mixture to soak until thickened, at least 20 minutes, or cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Stir pudding and layer with all of the optional ingredients in a clear glass.